Cesar A. Lassalle, MD
Dr. Cesar Lassalle is a Pain Management Doctor at Advanced Interventional Pain Clinic and National Pain Institute. He has been practicing since 2007 (he graduated medical school in 2007; practiced anesthesia from 2007-2011, and since then he has been practicing pain management since 2011).Dr. Lassalle is passionate about offering excellent medical care for his patients. He considers himself to be very approachable, and he’s willing to go the extra mile in order to give top-notch medical care to his community.
He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Puerto Rico, Arecibo Campus, and his medical degree from the University of Puerto Rico, Medical School. He graduated Magna Cum Laude in medical school.
What’s his favorite part of being a pain management doctor? “The favorite part of being a doctor is the rewards that you get from a happy patient thanking you for your help, and being able to help underserved Hispanic communities.”
When he’s not busy helping his patients at Advanced Interventional Pain Clinic and National Pain Institute, he enjoys spending time with his wife of 5+ years and their 2 children (5-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter).
He also enjoys playing tennis, playing basketball, going to the gym, and taking golf classes.
If you need a pain management doctor, Dr. Lassalle is passionate about serving the community by providing excellent medical care and helping the most needed in their health and illness (which are the primary reasons why he became a doctor).
Here are a few more fun facts about Dr. Lassalle:
- He was born in Puerto Rico, and his parents still live there.
- His family will be getting a small dog soon!
- If he wasn’t a doctor, he would be a nurse anesthetist or a dentist.
- His favorite superhero is his mother (“She has always given the extra mile to raise her family of 3 kids, sometimes working 2-3 jobs and still getting home to continue working with us. She is my role model to follow.”).
- He lived in several places including Arecibo, Puerto Rico; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Brooklyn, NY; Iowa City, IA; Tampa, FL; and Orlando, FL.
- The most exciting place he visited was New York City.
- He speaks Spanish and English.
- His favorite subjects in school: Math and Biology.
- His least favorite subjects in school: History and Chemistry.
- If he could change something about the world, he would eliminate discrimination and racism.
- He volunteers at schools by giving lectures on different medical topics, by providing medical services to underserved communities, and by providing hurricane relief help with the American Red Cross after the hurricane hit Puerto Rico.
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico- Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Doctor of Medicine, Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico Medical Science Campus- San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan Hospital- San Juan, Puerto Rico
Anesthesiology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center- Brooklyn, New York
Pain Management, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics- Iowa City, Iowa
- Member, American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Member, American Society of Regional Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Member, Society of Anesthesiology